Job Summary: The Med Tech will provide warm and engaging personal care services, assistance, support, and companionship while also administering proper medicine passing techniques.
1. Assists residents with activities of daily living such as feeding, bathing, dressing, toileting, hygiene, and mobility, as directed by their individual service plans.
2. Monitors changes in residents functional status and personal care needs; documents observations and advises supervisors and/or clinical staff as appropriate.
3. Administers proper medication passing procedures to residents.
4. Assists in the development and updating of Resident Care Plans.
5. Encourages resident participation in scheduled programs and activities.
6. Conducts one on one or small group activities as assigned by supervisor in conjunction with the Vibrant Living Director.
7. Assists with laundry and light housekeeping tasks as needed.
8. Assists with serving meals and bussing tables as needed.
9. Chaperones activities outside the community as needed.
10. Monitors the community and takes appropriate action to keep the environment safe, clean, and attractive for residents, guests, and co-workers.
11. Participates in and attends all in-service training and education programs as scheduled.
12. Ensures compliance with Federal, State, and local regulations and Wickshires mission policies, procedures and standards.
13. Completes all mandatory compliance, HIPAA and state and federal regulatory training as required.
14. Maintains an appropriate degree of confidentiality.
Education and Experience: High School Diploma or GED. 1-2 years of Resident care experience preferred.
Certifications, Licenses, and other Special Requirements: Medical Technician Certification required. Maintain state licensing requirements, where applicable.
Knowledge and Skills:
1. Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to connect and communicate effectively, in English, with diverse populations.
2. Excellent written communication skills including proper grammar and professional writing.
3. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to prioritize, organize and manage multiple priorities.
4. Strong customer orientation to older adults.